|Abstract||The Kansas City Philharmonic Orchestra began performing in 1933 and ceased in 1982. Beginning performances were held in Convention Hall. The orchestra's home for many years was the Music Hall located in Municipal Auditorium. Concerts were given in Kansas City as well as in states and cities in the Midwest region. The primary conductors were: Karl Krueger, 1933-43; Efrem Kurtz, 1943-47; and Hans Schwieger, 1948-70.|
The collection includes 41 photographs, seven microfilm rolls, and 35 scrapbooks. The majority of the scrapbooks were assembled by the Philharmonic's Women's Committee. Scrapbook contents include newspaper and magazine clippings, programs, invitations, photographs, publicity materials, brochures, newsletters, and ephemera. A notable feature of the Women's Committee scrapbooks is the art work adorning the pages done in chalk or ink. The contents include related activities as various fund raising events including the Jewell Ball, educational endeavors, performers both local and national, etc. All the scrapbooks have been microfilmed and are available for use in that format.