Title: First Jackson County Courthouse
Description: Full, front view of the first Jackson County courthouse located in Independence, Missouri. Originally located at Lynn and Lexington St. In this view it may be at 107 West Kansas where it was moved sometime between 1911 and 1921. Identified as â€œFirst Courthouse of Independenceâ€.
Item Type: Photograph
Collection: DAR, Elizabeth Benton Chapter Scrapbook (SC30-8)
See finding aid: http://localhistory.kclibrary.org/u?/Local,36972
Location: SC30-8A, Box 4, Folder 2, Number 12
Local Subject: Elizabeth Benton Chapter, DAR; Jackson County Courthouse - Independence
Digital Format: JPEG
Repository: Missouri Valley Special Collections, Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, Missouri
Rights: Reproduction (printing, downloading, or copying) of images from Kansas City Public Library requires permission and payment for the following uses, whether digital or print: publication; reproduction of multiple copies; personal, non-educational purposes; and advertising or commercial purposes. Please order prints or digital files and pay use fees through this website. All images must be properly credited to: "Missouri Valley Special Collections, Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, Missouri." Images and texts may be reproduced without prior permission only for purposes of temporary, private study, scholarship, or research. Those using these images and texts assume all responsibility for questions of copyright and privacy that may arise.