Local History Index
Culture & Society
Local History Index
add to favorites
Search results for:
"Old Town" 1909-1938
Search current collection(s) again
Refine your search
Missouri Pacific Railr...
Chicago and Alton Rail...
Ray, Mrs Sam (Mildred...
Mary Ann Warfield
Francis a Sampson
Postcard of Delaware Avenue
Edward Miller's Town: the Reconceptualization of Pleasant Hill by the Pacific Railroad of Missouri
In this article the author provides strong evidence that Pleasant Hill, Missouri, was a creation of the Missouri Pacific Railroad. Rather than a straight line from Warrensburg to Kansas City as originally...
Reference to the location of the Evans Hotel at the southwest corner of Main Street and the Levee at "Lot 1, Block 1, Old Town."
Folder contains information about the first lot bought from the Prudhomme estate, "Lot 1, Block 1, Old Town," by William B. Evans on which was built a log tavern and hotel at Main Street and the Levee....
Fidelity National Bank
2 postcards of the old and new Fidelity National Bank buildings
First Store House
The first store house in the old town was built by T. A. Smart, in 1839 on the levee, on the site of which is at present a steam cracker factory.
How David Waldo Acquired Lot 1, Old Town
Article about the purchase of "Lot No. 1 on the first plat of Independence, Mo." by Dr. David Waldo from its original owner (William Conner in 1827) in 1848.
JCHS Notebook: Jackson County Historical Society and How It Grew
History of the Jackson County Historical Society, established in 1940 with six members and lapsing "into nearly a decade of inactivity" until "the threatened destruction of the 1849 county jail on the...
John Calvin McCoy, Jr.
Photo and bio of John Calvin McCoy, Jr., or John McCoy, Jr. (1853-1905), former "president of the Stock Yards Exchange," commission merchant at the Kansas City Stockyards, and son of John Calvin McCoy,...
MU Extension to Take Notorious Club's Space
July 23, 2013
Article on the Univeristy of Missouri Extension moving into the historic building at 105 E. 5th Street. Across the street from the City Market, the building was previously the Oldham Hotel, built in 1916,...
Old Town Clock Tolls No More
History of the Jackson County Courthouse in Independence and its clocks, describing the chronology of renovations and additions to the building since its construction in 1836 and its clocks since the first...
Old Town Historic District Boundary Expansion I
October 15, 2004
City Planning and Development Department staff review of the National Register Nomination for the "Old Town Historic District Boundary Expansion I." The nomination covers the following properties in the...
Old Town Historic District Boundary Increase II
April 22, 2005
Application to National Register of Historic Places to expand boundaries of Old Town Historic District includes description of C. A. Burton Machine Company at 136 Main Street.
Old Town Historic District Boundary Increase III
October 28, 2005
Application to National Register of Historic Places to expand boundaries of Old Town Historic District includes description of O. C. Evans Wholesale Produce Company Building at 140 Walnut Street.
Ownership Map of River Market Area
Land ownership map of the River Market area of Kansas City, Missouri (section 32, township 50, range 33), identified as "Old Town." The boundaries include the Missouri River south to Independence Avenue,...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p002
Northern boundary (Missouri River) of Kansas City Old Town showing streets, buildings, railroad lines, and bridges. Large numbers at edge of page refer to page number with adjoining area.
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p003
Northern edge of early Kansas City. Riverfront area shows buildings, railroad lines, and streets. Large numbers at edge of page refer to page number or volume with adjoining area.
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p003s
Skeleton map of the northern edge of early Kansas City, riverfront area showing outlines of buildings at the date of publication. These sheets were used to record new developments in the area for supplemental...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p004
Northern edge of early Kansas City riverfront area from West 4th Street south to West 6th Street and from Central east to Main, showing additions, buildings and streets.
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1909-1938, Page p004
A portion of Kansas City from W. 3rd Street south to W. 5th Street and from Broadway east to Wyandotte, showing buildings, streets, and additions. Large numbers at edges of page refer to page with adjoining...
add to favorites
14 West Tenth St. | Kansas City, MO 64105 |