Missouri Valley Special Collections
Advanced Search | Help | My Favorites
All Images Local History Index  
Search results for: 39 item(s) for: "Parks" deon wolfenbarger parks
Search current collection(s) again
Refine your search
Date
1995 (39)

Type
Book Section (39)

 Image: Title: Date: Description:

1. Andrew Drips Park Andrew Drips Park 1995 Description of the 0.16-acre park acquired in 1882, between Belleview, 16th, and Jarboe Streets, with photo, drawing, and history as being the first city park.

2. Ashland Square Ashland Square 1995 Description of the 7.53-acre park between 22nd, Elmwood, 23rd, and Kensington Avenues, acquired in 1913, with photos, a drawing, and history.

3. Blenheim Park Blenheim Park 1995 Description of the 6.93-acre park between 68th Street, a residential area, Gregoy Boulevard, and Forest Hill Cemetery, established in 1921, with photos, drawings, and history.

4. Budd Park Budd Park 1995 Description of the 26.39-acre park acquired in 1891, between Saint John, Hardesty, and Brighton Avenue, and Budd Park Esplanade, with photos and history.

5. Central Park Central Park 1995 Description of the formerly 8.01-acre park acquired in 1931, between 31st, Monroe, Linwood, and Indiana Avenue, with photos, drawing, and history, having lost much of its original "integrity" as a park....

6. Columbus Square Columbus Square 1995 Description of the 4.01-acre park acquired in 1909, between Charlotte, Missouri, Pacific, and Holmes Streets, with photos, history and drawing.

7. Dr. Johnston Lykins Square Dr. Johnston Lykins Square 1995 Description of the 4.95-acre park acquired in 1913, between 7th, Jackson, 8th, and Myrtle Streets, with photos and history.

8. Garrison Square Garrison Square 1995 Description of the 3.04-acre park acquire in 1909, between 4th, Forest, 5th, and Troost Avenue, with photos, drawing, and history.

9. Hagerwood Park Hagerwood Park 1995 Description of the 0.35-acre park acquired in 1923, between Hagerwood and Montgall Avenues on both sides of 64th Street, with a photo and history, having lost its use as a park.

10. Hawthorne Park Hawthorne Park 1995 Description of the 2.57-acre park acquired in 1901, between 26th, Cherry, 27th, and Gillham Road, with photos, history, and a drawing.

11. Hospital Hill Park Hospital Hill Park 1995 Description of the 5.68-acre park acquired in 1908, between 22nd, Kenwood, 24th, and Gillham Road, with photos, history, and a drawing.

12. Hyde Park Hyde Park 1995 Description of the park acquired in 1902, between the east and west roadways of Gillham Road, 36th, and 38th Street, with photos and history.

13. Independence Plaza Park Independence Plaza Park 1995 Description of the 1.73-acre park acquired in 1899, between the north and south sides of Independence Boulevard, Brooklyn, and Park Avenues, with photos and history.

14. Kessler Park Kessler Park 1995 Description of the 302.87-acre park acquired in 1895, between the Missouri Pacific Railroad, Belmont and Gladstone Boulevards, and Paseo Boulevard, including the Colonnade, Cliff Drive, and Indian Mound,...

15. Laura Conyers Smith Municipal Rose Gardens Laura Conyers Smith Municipal Rose Gardens 1995 Description of the garden in the northwest corner of Loose Park established in the 1930s, with photos, drawing, and history.

16. Loose Park Loose Park 1995 Description of the 74.08-acre park acquired in 1927, between 51st, Wornall, 55th, and Summit Streets, with photos, history, and drawings.

17. Mill Creek Park Mill Creek Park 1995 Description of the 11.31-acre park acquired in 1908, between 43rd Street, J. C. Nichols and Ward Parkways, and Kansas City Railway right-of-way, with photos and history.

18. Montgall Park Montgall Park 1995 Description of the 6.10-acre park acquired in 1920, between 21st, Walrond, 22nd, and Kansas Avenue, with photos and history.

19. Mulkey Square Mulkey Square 1995 Description of the section of West Terrace Park, at the northwest corner of 13th and Summit Streets, with photos, drawing, and history.

20. Murray Davis Park Murray Davis Park 1995 Description of the 0.09-acre park acquired in 1926, between 40th and Main and a parking area, with photos and history.