Local History Index
Culture & Society
Local History Index
add to favorites
Search results for:
Search current collection(s) again
Refine your search
E 39th Street
Photograph, B/w, 8 X...
Ray, Mrs Sam (Mildred...
Nichols Lunch Closing
October 1, 2006
A couple of letters printed in response to James Hart's article "Nichols Lunch Serves Its Last" which appeared in the September 26, 2006, issue of the Kansas City Star. Nichols Lunch was located at Southwest...
Nichols Lunch Serves Its Last
September 26, 2006
Article reporting the September 24, 2006 closure of Nichols Lunch, a 24-hour diner located at 39th Street and Southwest Trafficway. The diner opened in 1921, and was run by members of the Nichols family...
Oak Park South Area Plan: Area Plan 6
Land use, long-range goals, and maps of the Oak Park South residential district, bounded by Troost, 47th-Blue Parkway, the Blue River, and 39th Street.
Old Hyde Park and Greystone Nominated for Local Historic Register
Article announcing the nomination of the two historic districts to the Kansas City Register of Historic Places: Greystone, "located along the 3100 and 3200 blocks of Central" Street, and Old Hyde Park,...
Old Schools Await New Uses in KC Urban Core
December 9, 2007
This article gives information on the abandoned school buildings owned by the Kansas City School District. "Since the 1970s, the Kansas City district has closed at least 34 schools. Fifteen were sold....
Our Easley Ancestors and Their Relatives
Biographicla description of Allen Burr Harrison McGee, or Allen McGee (1815-1903), "second child and eldest son of James Hyatt McGee and Eleanor Fry McGee," coming to Westport in 1838 as a native of Kentucky....
Parkways and Land Values
Photos of Gillham Road at 36th and 39th Streets, also with a map, tables, and discussion.
Postcard picturing a 1907 U.S. mail carrier with a take-out folder of 12 postcard views of Kansas City.
Q.: When Did the Bell Memorial Hospital Become the University of Kansas Medical Center, and Is the Building Still Standing?
February 11, 1995
Eleanor Taylor Bell Memorial Hospital was the realization of a dream: to combine medical school education with public practice. Land was donated to this cause in 1904 by physician Simeon B. Bell.The campus,...
Restaurant Closes after "a Great Run"
February 8, 2007
Article reporting the closure of Macaluso's Italian restaurant on February 6, 2007. Tom Macaluso, who opened the restaurant in 1993, is known for his colorful interactions with customers, as well as for...
Rockhill Road looking north across Gillham Road and 39th Street to Locust Street. The dark brick house is across the street from the Notre Dame de Sion school on Locust.
Running (out of) Time
Review of shows at the Johnson County Community College Gallery of Art and the West 39th Street Coffeehouse. Also mentions the closing of 1331 Union gallery in the West Bottoms.
Salvation Army Westport Center
Partial view of the front of the Salvation Army Westport Center, located at 500 W. 39th Street. Architects Hays & Meyer received an award for the building's improvement over the previous structure located...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page f001
Map of Roanoke residential district of Kansas City, developed by the Roanoke Investment Company from 1900 to 1920, showing buildings, streets, Roanoke Park, and Norman School. Attached to back of front...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p084
Southern part of early Kansas City on the outskirts of Westport from W. 38th Street south to W. 40th Street and from Pennsylvania Avenue east to Central Street, showing buildings, streets, and additions....
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p089
Southern part of early Kansas City in the Hyde Park area on the outskirts of Westport from W. 39th Street south to Westport Avenue and from Central Street east to Main Street, showing buildings, streets,...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 1, 1895-1907, Page p090
Southern part of early Kansas City in the Hyde Park area on the outskirts of Westport from about E. 39th Street south to E. 40th Street and from Main Street east to McGee Street, showing buildings, streets,...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 3, 1896-1907, Page p353
Southeastern part of early Kansas City in the Leeds Industrial district from E. 39th Street south to E. 40th Street, showing buildings, streets, railroad lines, and additions. Large numbers at edges of...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 3, 1896-1907, Page p360
Southeastern part of early Kansas City from E. 38th Street south to E. 39th Street and from Woodland Avenue east to Garfield Avenue, showing buildings, streets, and additions. Large numbers at edges of...
Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 4, 1909-1950, Page p491
A portion of Kansas City from W. 37th Street south to W. 39th Street and from State Line Road east to Wyoming Avenue, showing buildings, streets, and additions. Large numbers at edges of page refer to...
add to favorites
14 West Tenth St. | Kansas City, MO 64105 |