Missouri Valley Special Collections
Advanced Search | Help | My Favorites
All Images Local History Index  
Search results for: 73 item(s) for: "Country clubs"
Search current collection(s) again
Refine your search
Subject
Country Clubs (64)
Golf (24)
Golf Courses (18)
Kansas City Country Cl... (12)
Blue Hills Country Clu... (8)
Roads (7)
Airports (7)
Parks (6)
Highways (6)
Hillcrest Country Club (5)

Type
Newspaper Article (22)
Vertical File (11)
Magazine Article (9)
Map (9)
Photograph, B/w (6)
Show more...

Creator
H M Gousha Company (6)
Montgomery (4)
Donald Bradley (3)
Conoco (2)
Phillips Petroleum co (2)
Show more...

Date
1917-1957 (2)
August 271978 (2)
1962 (2)
1957 (1)
//1986 (1)
Show more...

 Image: Title: Date: Description:

1. Hillcrest Country Club Hillcrest Country Club

2. Mission Hills Country Club Mission Hills Country Club

3. Kansas City Country Clubs Kansas City Country Clubs

4. New Blue Hills Look New Blue Hills Look December/24/1953

5. Blue Hills Club Opened Blue Hills Club Opened June/12/1913

6. Blue Hills Club to Move South Blue Hills Club to Move South January/23/1962

7. Elm Ridge Golf Club Elm Ridge Golf Club

8. Q.: Where Was the First Golf Course in Kansas City? Q.: Where Was the First Golf Course in Kansas City? September/3/1995

9. Meadowbrook Weighs Options Meadowbrook Weighs Options August 31, 2005 A company called Opus Northwest located in Minneapolis wants to buy the Meadowbrook Golf and Country Club in Prairie Village. They have offered $14.4 million and want to build a mixed-use project with...

10. Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 6, 1917-1957, Page p792 Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 6, 1917-1957, Page p792 1917-1957 A portion of eastern Kansas City from E. 67th Street south to E. 69th Street and from Myrtle Avenue east to Elmwood Avenue, showing buildings, streets, and additions. Separate sections show Hillcrest Country...

11. Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 6, 1917-1957, Page p800 Sanborn Map, Kansas City, Vol. 6, 1917-1957, Page p800 1917-1957 A portion of western Kansas City from W. 51st Street south to W. 54th Street and from State Line Road east to Belleview Avenue, showing buildings, streets, and additions. Large numbers at edges of page...

12. Historic Club Seeks New Home Historic Club Seeks New Home June 26, 2010 Article about Rockhill Tennis Club's departure from 4520 Kenwood Avenue also tells about the history of the Club and building. At its previous location, 48th and Oak, the Club was host to the 1928 Davis...

13. Ivanhoe Masonic Country Club Ivanhoe Masonic Country Club February 25, 1921 Article about the 40-acre aviation field located on the Kellerstrass Farm at 85th and Holmes Roads, acquired by the Ivanhoe Masonic Lodge as a country club.

14. No Woman's Land No Woman's Land April 6, 2003 Article about Wolf Creek Golf Links, an all-male organization located in the Kansas City metropolitan area in Kansas. It is a private club, invitation only, currently with 280 members. It is one of only...

15. Shopping Area in Debut Here Shopping Area in Debut Here February/17/1966 Article accompanied by large photo depicting the new shopping center with parts of the golf course behind it.

16. Out of the Rough, a Jewel Regains its Shine Out of the Rough, a Jewel Regains its Shine January 12, 2013 Article summarizes some of the past troubles and current state of the Hillcrest Country Club. David Francis, the club's current owner, discusses previous missteps in the club's management and operations...

17. Country Clubs Country Clubs August 27, 1978 Articles in entire issue mention country clubs in Kansas City.

18. When Golf Came to Kansas City When Golf Came to Kansas City //1986 Book on the history of golf in Kansas City (written by Kenneth Krakauer, a former president of the Kansas City Chamber of Commerce), with numerous photos and information about prominent local golfers and...

19. Kansas City Country Club Kansas City Country Club Brief history of the club.

20. Chapel Woods Golf Course Chapel Woods Golf Course 1962, ca. Brochure for the new Chapel Woods Golf Course (circa 1962) on Woods Chapel Road near Lake Jacomo (near Lee's Summit), with map and illustrations.