Description: The Guadalupe Center, a Hispanic community center on the city's West Side, was founded by the Agnes Ward Amberg Club, a Catholic women's organization, in 1925. The collection includes four scrapbooks which primarily contain newspaper clippings and clippings from other sources and three photograph albums with pictures relating to the events and services of the center. The last part of the collection includes official records such as annual reports (1925-1973), minutes, constitution, correspondence, etc. There are also several histories of the organization in manuscript form.
Subject: Community centers; Ethnic groups; Ethnic neighborhoods; Guadalupe Center; Hispanic Americans; Agnes Ward Amberg Club; Gallagher, Dorothy
Date: 1925-1974 (bulk 1941-1965)
Collection: Guadalupe Center Collection
Item Type: Finding Aid